Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 13:47:24 -0400
From: Sébastien Duquette <ekse.0x@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: WTF eEye Really?

Looks to me more like the "unqualified person doing testing" argument
is used as an escape from their faux-pas.  When you read the initial
article, the author is clearly interested in the issue of crime being
perpetrated by using these tools :

"Penetration tools clearly allow the breaking and entering of systems
to prove that vulnerabilities are real, but clearly could be used
maliciously to break the law."

"There was tons of security around these systems and even possession
of tools to penetrate a system was a crime too."

In the new text, the author tells us that "what I hoped to convey was
the importance of well-managed testing under the watch of a user who
knows what they’re doing".

This looks like a lame PR attempt at stopping the shitstorm they
started by using the good old excuse this-is-not-what-I-meant.

And if the author is sincere and it was really his original intent, he
should refrain from blogging from now on...

S.