Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 13:54:15 -0700
From: BMF <badmotherfsckr@...il.com>
To: "full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Windows' future (reprise)

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 7:40 AM, Thor (Hammer of God)
<Thor@...merofgod.com> wrote:
> I am constantly amazed at posts like this where you make yourself sound like some sort of statistical genius because you were "able to predict" that since last year was %243, that this year would be %243.  Wow.  Really?

I agree that the post is a bit pompous...however:

> And for the record, these claims of 'inherent insecurity' in Windows are simply ignorant.  If you are still running Windows 95 that's your problem.  Do a little research before post assertions based on 10 or 20 year old issues.

> This smacks of the classic troll, where you say things like "nothing that Microsoft makes is secure and it never will be"

But...it is true that nothing Microsoft (or anyone, perhaps) makes is
secure. And given that Microsoft has a decades long history of far
worse than industry average security I think it is pretty reasonable
to surmise that Windows will never be secure.

> and then go on to say how easy it is to migrate, and how it's free, with only a one off cost, and how to move off of .NET.

We migrated. With only a one off cost. Been a few years now. Business
is looking good.

> Obvious "predictions," ignorant assumptions, and a total lack of any true understanding of business computing.  Yep, "troll."

Trollish but not entirely wrong.

BMF