Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 08:14:17 +0200
From: Christian Sciberras <uuf6429@...il.com>
To: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <Thor@...merofgod.com>
Cc: "full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: What do you guys think about it?

Of course it's boring, the days when one said "I've just found another 50
holes in MS's network stack" are all gone.

The thing is, you are either a security professional *testing products* or
you're just talking about security thinking you are one.
In the past all it took to "become a 'hacker'" was getting informed about
hacking techniques, finding some exploit (which was way more easy than
today) and finally someone calling you "hacker".

Mind you, many call me "hacker" seeing me using consoles but (irony irony)
I'm no [seasoned] hacker.

As a software developer, I still find certain security issues challenging.
Sure Mr Purser might find everything less exciting, but hey did you write
anything from scratch lately? What are you coding in, Javascript or JQuery
(as an example)?

My point is, frameworks and products address security issues themselves,
making it easier for end-developers to use. But a big time hacker like Mr
Purser finds it boring.

As of myself, I refrain from depending on frameworks for a single useful
feature, which means I have to write from scratch and study that feature,
making sure it is "safe".
And who knows, while at it I might notice a bu or two in the said
framework...

Regards,
Christian Sciberras

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 9:42 PM, Thor (Hammer of God)
<Thor@...merofgod.com>wrote:

> Exactly.

Content of type "text/html" skipped