Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 19:51:39 -0700
From: Ed Carp <erc@...ox.com>
To: "Ivan ." <ivanhec@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: The Strange and Consequential Case of Bradley
	Manning, Adrian Lamo and WikiLeaks

Lamo is a sociopathic asshole and a consummate liar.  Why anyone would
want to trust anything that comes out of his mouth (and Poulson, too,
for that matter) is beyond me.  There's a reason most companies won't
hire convicted felons - most of them are self-absorbed liars who will
do anything for attention (like Lamo).

Making Lamo's conduct even worse is that it appears he reported
Manning for no reason other than a desire for some trivial media
attention.  Jacob Appelbaum, a well-known hacker of the Tor Project
who has known Lamo for years, said that Lamo's "only concern" has
always been "getting publicity for Adrian."  Indeed, Lamo's modus
operandi as a hacker was primitive hacking aimed at high-profile
companies that he'd then use Poulsen to publicize.  As Appelbaum put
it: "if this situation really fell into Adrian's lap, his first and
only thought would have been:  how can I turn this to my advantage?
He basically destroyed a 22-year-old's life in order to get his name
mentioned on the Wired.com blog."

What an asshole.