Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 05:41:02 +0000
From: "cor@...post24.com" <cor@...post24.com>
To: "Shang Tsung" <stsung@...l.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Should nmap cause a DoS on cisco routers?

During my training classes I always tell the -sV switch is dangerous and known to (sometimes) crash the target.

Usually a better tool to test open udp ports is unicornscan, but that doesn't have a switch like -iL. Since you are testing your own devices and you know the community string, you could insider to loop through the list of IP's and snmpget a value from the MIB.

Cor

sent from a mobile device