Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 22:44:27 +0200
From: Cor Rosielle <cor@...post24.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Should nmap cause a DoS on cisco routers?

All,

Robert lee (A good friend of late Jack Louis, the author of unicornscan)
explained to me that unicornscan does support a function like -iL does
in nmap. Just supply the name of the file with hosts as an argument:
unicornscan filename

It is as easy as that.

Thanks again for explaining, Robert.

Cor

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 05:41 +0000, cor@...post24.com wrote:
> During my training classes I always tell the -sV switch is dangerous and known to (sometimes) crash the target.
>
> Usually a better tool to test open udp ports is unicornscan, but that doesn't have a switch like -iL. Since you are testing your own devices and you know the community string, you could insider to loop through the list of IP's and snmpget a value from the MIB.
>
> Cor
>
> sent from a mobile device
...snip...