Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 13:15:52 -0400
From: Larry Seltzer <larry@...ryseltzer.com>
To: Daniel Sichel <daniels@...derosatel.com>, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Expired certificate

It's better than nothing, but it speaks ill of the agency. Yes, the
encryption is the same.

Certificates have expiration dates so that the verification that happens
at the time the cert is acquired can have some "freshness." So if it's
just expired, well it's no biggie, especially if this is a plain SSL
certificate which doesn't verify all that much anyway.