Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 15:06:26 +0200
From: "Jan G.B." <ro0ot.w00t@...glemail.com>
To: MustLive <mustliveua@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Information Leakage and Full path disclosure
	vulnerabilities in WordPress

2010/8/2 MustLive <mustliveua@...il.com>:
> Hello Full-Disclosure!
>
> I want to warn you about security vulnerabilities in WordPress which I
> published at 30.07.2010 during my Day of bugs in WordPress 2 project.

Awesome! Let's see what you got, here...

> So in common case, when name of database, prefix and date are known, it'll
> have to do up to 1048576 combinations (folder) + up to 1000 combinations
> (file) = up to 1049576 combinations (full path to the file).

Wouldn't you have to multiply 104856 with 1000? So you don't have to
bruteforce just 105.856 possible variations but 104.856.000...

> On average it's
> 524788 combinations, which can be picked up quickly enough with fast
> Internet connection.

Nope! Actually not.

Btw: Full path disclosure is basically a configuration error of the
environment as no application should be allowed to print out errors on
the front-end to "customers". Wordpress developers stated their
opinion about that several times.
But let's continue...

> ------------------------------
> Protection against these vulnerabilities.
> ------------------------------
>
> For protection it's possible to fix these Full path disclosure
> vulnerabilities by yourself (as others FPD in WordPress), or update plugin
> to last version WP-DB-Backup 2.2.2.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/
Version: 2.2.2
Last Updated: 2008-12-10

Does it make sense to post advisories about very very old versions
which are of no relevance at all, since the latest version is even 2
years old?
What the ...

> With WordPress 2.0.11 the version 1.8 of plugin is shipped. As I checked
> recently, Full path disclosure and other vulnerabilities were fixed in
> version 2.1 of the plugin. So the last version of the plugin WordPress
> Database Backup 2.2.2 isn't vulnerable to CSRF and Full path disclosure (and
> isn't vulnerable to above-mentioned Directory Traversal, Arbitrary file
> deletion, DoS and XSS (http://websecurity.com.ua/1676/)). But the last
> version of the plugin is still vulnerable to Information Leakage.

Win 3.11 has some serious flaws, too! For real!!11 omfg!

Stop wasting time