Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 21:09:50 +0200
From: "xufi ." <xufxuf@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Orange Spain disclosing user phone number

Hi,
Doing an assessment on mobile GWs I found that Orange Spain is adding
the user MSISDN in any HTTP request sent in it´s network. That means
that is really simple to get the user phone number from a Orange Spain
user. On one hand, I saw that Orange Spain uses the header
x-up-calling-line-id to add a user temporary ID that changes every 24h
but I also found that in any HTTP request they will add the user phone
number in the header X-Network-info. In particular the HTTP header
looks like as follow:

where xxxxxxxxx is the user MSISDN

I notified Orange Spain more than a month ago regarding the
misconfiguration and its effects on their own customers but
unfortunately they just ignored it.

If you are a user of Orange Spain have in mind that every web site you
access with your mobile phone will get your phone number.

I posted more details in
http://certificateerror.blogspot.com/2010/08/orange-spain-disclosing-user-phone.html

@xuf_