Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 13:53:47 -0400
From: T Biehn <tbiehn@...il.com>
To: Christian Sciberras <uuf6429@...il.com>, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Virus submission site

You could setup a website that proxies submissions to virustotal, anubis (so
it's from the future) and retain the executables. Post this website to FD.

You could also deploy a botnet of your own and use them as honeypots then
jack the networks of the lower tier *ircbot fellows to expand your
'honeypot' network.

A good place to start building your "whitehat use honeypot/botnet" is
scraping dronebl, spambl and IP addresses posted to the IRC-Security mailing
list. (Archive helpfully provided for registered users.)

Once you have a sizable network set up you can start "baiting" scammers by
offering various services like selling proxy servers, providing bulletproof
hosting and spamming. You can use this supplemental income to quit your day
job and become a full-time vigilante whitehat.

Eventually you'll build a nice portfolio of clients, if any of them becomes
competitive you can just report their information to the appropriate
authorities, this would also be a nice side-channel of income to enable
further whitehat pursuits and make sure you stay firmly in the man's good
books.

-Travis

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 12:25 PM, IndianZ <indianz@...ianz.ch> wrote:

> http://www.offensivecomputing.net/
> - not very structured, but actual stuff
> - registration required
>
> Cheerz IndianZ
>
> On 09/03/10 16:58, Christian Sciberras wrote:
> > Wish there was a reverse for that....I'm kinda getting tired of running
> > honeypots to get a hopefully recent malware.
> >

> > vx-heavens has a nice (but outdated) list. Anyone knows about others?
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Chris.
> >

> > On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Hacxx 20 <hacxx20@...il.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Do you have virus archived? Submit them to all major antivirus
> companies.
> >>
> >> Visit http://virus-submission.tk

FD1D E574 6CAB 2FAF 2921  F22E B8B7 9D0D 99FF A73C
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=tbiehn&op=index&fingerprint=on
http://pastebin.com/f6fd606da

Content of type "text/html" skipped