Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 17:14:34 +0000
From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@...merofgod.com>
To: "Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd]"
	<cal.leeming@...plicitymedialtd.co.uk>, "full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk"
	<full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: wikileaks still under attack,
 pressure revved up

Hey Cal - hope all is well...

Along those lines, I think it is also interesting to take into account how much similar information is being distributed by military personnel themselves on social sites like Facebook.  Thomas Ryan did an interesting Blackhat presentation on "Robin Sage" where a fake account was friended by multiple military people, who in turn were posting iPhone and other geo-tagged images on facebook where their location was tagged and the associated names of others were available (I didn't actually get to attend, but I had prior knowledge of the content).

So while this type of stuff is great Conspiracy Theory fodder, I seriously doubt that there is some illegal military operation behind the attacks on Wikileaks.  If they had any additional information they wished to share, there are a million other ways of getting the data out there - we'd be seeing that stuff on Twitter instead of tech updates.  I think we'd also be seeing Facebook takedowns as well...

P.S.  I think I'm going to set up a social network for hookers and call it "Twatter" if anyone is interesting in investing.