Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 23:39:58 -0700
From: coderman <coderman@...il.com>
To: ±è¹«¼º <kimms@...osec.co.kr>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: 10G virtual network traffic

2010/10/21 ±è¹«¼º <kimms@...osec.co.kr>:
> Hello list...
> I use a Breaking point device.
> http://www.breakingpointsystems.com/cyber-tomography-products/

someone buy you fun toys for National Cyber Security Awareness month?

> Are there any tips or document about making 10G virtual network?

don't spend on extravagant equipment if you can apply skill and talent
to process with better ROI.

> And what point is important?

understanding the system under test.

> How can I analysis without knowing real network traffic?

use imagination kid; switches, routers, servers, stacks and
applications not so creative to outwit human mind.

> What is the different things? 1G network traffic VS 10G network traffic

1G you can be sloppy and so some, much in host stacks, and common
tools, and little clue.

10G you can offload skills to expensive tools, or build custom packet
and stack injection on decent commodity tuned for net, or leverage
distributed application with additional skill and very modest
resources.

but first you must learn the why of 10G or $bigpipe is difficult; then
you understand the hows of application of specialized tools in this
domain.

.
.
.

can i have it while you read? i'll give it back when time to test...  ;)