Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 04:50:29 +0000
From: Sabahattin Gucukoglu <mail@...ahattin-gucukoglu.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Fwd: [CASE:12632] Warning: BrailleNote
	Apex	Offers Read/Write FTP And Telnet Access To All Comers

On 5 Nov 2010, at 03:24, Tweedle Doh wrote:
> On 5 October 2010 13:24, Shawn Merdinger <shawnmer@...il.com> wrote:
>> HumanWare is tracking this as CASE:12632
>
> It's been a month now ... Any word from the vendor (HumanWare) yet as
> to what the official remedy will be, and/or how this sorry flaw came
> to be shipped in a released product (build error ... design misfeature
> ..... worse) ?

There hasn't been any kind of contact to the community announcement list, or to their official news channel.

On the other hand, they're already making murmuring noises about their upcoming KeySoft (software) minor point release to various blindness conferences/exhibitions; I'll be sure to find out exactly how this issue is resolved in that update, and whether or not there's any actual announcement of the fact.

I am dabbling with the competition, which gives me a bit more flexibility.  Hopefully, I won't have the same news about that.  I regret it though, because the hardware is somewhat behind.

Cheers,
Sabahattin