Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 05:44:35 -0600
From: William Pitcock <nenolod@...teminplace.net>
To: gluttony@...il.com
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Open Letter to Lee Vartan,
 Assistant United States Attorney in regards to the Goatse Security
 iPad case.

Hi,

On Thu, 2010-11-18 at 01:06 +0000, Andrew Aurenheimer wrote:
> Troy,
>
> As with many of my critics, you insist on attempting to libel me and defame
> my character (clearly having an objection to my political views) instead of
> honestly debating the merits of my actions and the reality of my many
> well-received research contributions. I take ad hominem attacks like yours
> in stride with the civility and grace befitting of a Christian man, and urge
> you to think more critically before you say more things that
> will embarrass you in front of your peers.

I am pretty sure that you are no Christian, that's for damn sure.  But
hey, neither am I.

However, I also don't pretend to be one in order to get sympathy from
the courts.  Oh right, I'm also not herding botnets and gloating about
it on IRC while also exploiting AT&T's web forms 183000 times and
talking on IRC about how this will "destroy AT&T", so I guess I don't
have to worry about the feds and/or bubba pounding my ass.

On that topic, I suggest you look into some sort of dildo so that you
can at least prepare yourself now for your cellmate named Bubba.

The only evidence of legitimate "security research" that you have done
was the XPS IRC flood attacks.  Oh wait, you invented that so that you
could be an asshole script kiddie and be extremely disruptive to people
trying to do actual work on freenode and OFTC!  Great work!  Oh, by the
way, it is not anything new, we thought of it a long time ago, which is
why hybrid/ratbox/charybdis IRCds catch the POST message from
unregistered users thus making your XPS IRC flooder worthless.

Like a script kiddie, you scream that your XPS IRC flooder is truly
innovative, when really, about 2 gazillion script kiddies have already
thought this up.  Seriously, nothing new.

> "You see no evidence of"
>
> Your implication that because you have not seen evidence of something it has
> not happened is fallacious. Regardless, I will enlighten you with some
> history of our anti-pedophile activity (with links to backdated posts
> pedophile posts detailing our successes against their infrastructure and
> payment systems, emails with full headers and evidence of ongoing pedophile
> activity), some of which predates the iPad incident by years.  You haven't
> seen any evidence of it because we, unlike many people, do not wear every
> bit of public service we do on our sleeve. We live in the spirit of Matthew
> 6:6.

Yes, taking action against a Harry Potter slash fanfiction author is
really constructive work in getting rid of paedophiles on the Internet.
That's the only thing *close* to any sort of claim you're making, and
it's just typical script kiddie instigation.  You act as if you are
totally a Saint, when in reality, all you have done is violated the
first amendment rights of a fanfiction author in the name of allegedly
"stopping paedophilia."

By the way, I don't remember you trolling her because you thought she
was a paedophile.  I remember you trolling her because you thought "her
stories were really crappy."

Other actions your group has taken include the intimidation and
harrassment of DroneBL contributors, which happened under my oversight
and has happened as well under Alexander Maassen's oversight.  Yes,
harrassing system operators who are contributing the IPs you troll from
to a DNSBL is truly a white hat activity.  You are truly an example to
us all.

You know, I find it funny that you live in the spirit of Matthew 6:6, so
I looked that verse up.  The "New International Version" says the verse
is:

> But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your
> Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in
> secret, will reward you.

You do indeed appear to be being rewarded by God right now in the form
of a FBI investigation.  Do let us know how that goes for you.

This is like a hostage situation, weev.  The more you post, the more
dead bodies you throw out for the FBI and everyone else to see.  If I
were you, I would shut up now.  Infact, I would bet that almost any
lawyer would tell you that you should shut up from day 1.

William