Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 20:49:11 +0000
From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@...merofgod.com>
To: Ven Ted <v3nt3d@...glemail.com>, "full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk"
	<full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Fwd:  verizon vs m$

Yeah, I didn't mean to suggest that you were personally backing up that statement - the point being danced over in the paper is the "just create a web server in protected mode sourced from the Internet."  It's analogous to "just break into someone's house and find the Brinks cellular-based alarm control unit and you can do a faraday wrap to prevent the signal from going out."

I guess the real question is "why do I care what these people think."  You would think that after all the stupid security tricks I've seen discussed in this industry that I would have better learned to covert the ignorance to the ignored.   One last note (to the list) - I got an email somewhat critical of Dan (the author of the article) and want to make sure it is understood that I'm not claiming that HE came up with a deceptive title - that's something the editors of El Reg do.  I've had many an article originally written for Security Focus have its title changed when shared at the Reg.  One of note was an article changed to a title of "Users Should Get a Freaking Clue" which I never said - it does, however, drive ad clicks.