Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 18:55:27 +0100
From: stormrider <strmrdr42@...oo.de>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: ESFS - The encrypted steganography filesystem

Hey Tomás,

this sounds like a nice idea. Especially the fact that you kinda
"overmount" one filesystem over another to access hidden data.
But - as far as I know there is actually no steganography technique that
can really *hide* the data. So you will not be able to prevent someone
from finding out that there is some information inside the images. You
might want to read

Attacks on Steganographic Systems. Andreas Pfitzmann:
Information Hiding. Third International Workshop, IH'99, Dresden, Germany

This should clarify things ;-)

My information might be out of date, but after that publication it
became very silent around steganography and I haven't heard any news
since then...

regards,
stormrider