Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 21:19:16 +0100
From: Robert Święcki <robert@...ecki.net>
To: "Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd]" <cal.leeming@...plicitymedialtd.co.uk>
Cc: "full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Path to IT Security

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 7:54 PM, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd]
<cal.leeming@...plicitymedialtd.co.uk> wrote:
> Emmanuel, Can I also just say here, that being an expert in any area of IT
> isn't about qualifications, it's a state of mind, a mentality. There a
> thousand and thousands of people out there that call themselves "qualified
> professionals", and for 99% of them, that's all they will ever be. If you've
> got the passion, then you'll go far. :)

+1

As a side note, I really like comments to the
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CISSP - in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Certified_Information_Systems_Security_Professional

From tqbf -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Tqbf (Thomas Ptacek):
"..the last graf summed up and contextualized the big long list of
crap the CISSP talks about...."

Response (Virgil Vaduva):
"..Being bitter or jealous about failed exams will not help your
career, and honestly you should put the time into studying the
material, understanding the (ISC)2 approach to security and focusing
on security from that perspective..."

--
Robert Święcki