Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 23:10:08 +0100
From: mad.men@...hmail.com
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Travel letter #2; What we do for knowledge

Some epic's in this one as well :)

Hello all,
I am sitting in LAX right now. This last week I have been in
Venezuela and Columbia.

A small part of this trip was the dubious distinction that has
resulted from around two years of work to setup. I have spoken with
two cartels in the area.

What makes Venezuela special is that they have non-extradition
rights as far as the US is concerned. Cybercrime is illegal in
country, but is actually (under the table) encouraged. The
government is happy to support criminal groups acting in the US
(And the UK and AU) from Ve. Basically, as long as nothing is done
against the citizens of Ve, not criminal sanctions come against the
cartels.

For this reason, they are actually willing to talk. I managed to
have a good walkthrough of an operation.

One major aspect is rape videos from abduced foreign nationals and
the other is child porn videos. I was surprised to learn just how
many US, UK and AU "clients" these cartels manage. The interesting
thing is that once they get bank or credit card details, they move
to an extortion model. One that lasts many years. The dumb bastards
who buy the videos and other child porn/rape videos are extorted.
The cartels use the information they obtain to collect evidence of
the crime.

On top of this, there is the usual crimeware stuff.

These groups are current and moving to more former drug cartels.
Interestingly, cybercrime is earning more than cocaine. The US
market for coke is depressed and cybercrime has been turning more
money for the groups I met with at least.

I plan on writing it up within the next few weeks and letting sans
do what they will with this paper. Just a freebee. Not even seeking
yet another Gold from this.

Regards,
Dr Craig S wright, GSE etc