Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 04:47:34 +0000
From: "Just1n T1mberlake" <hotpackets@...lokitty.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: what to buy?

Hows it going security gurues.   My job is now taking on the security
responsibilityes for my network. We have nearly 250 pcs on the network
and theres about 30 macs too (ugh). I was just doing the network before
this but the security guy got fired on the weekend after getting caught
with drugs.   My boss wants to stop people being able to post their IP
number on the internet. I was telling him that you have to worry about
the MAC numbers getting posted too, otherwise you can get hacked using
them if the hackers get those numbers. Most people dont really know thats
how you can get hacked on facebook or some of the forums (especially php
forums).   If I wanted to buy something to block these getting posted,
what would be the best? Or should I look into doing it myself with
linux?? Any good books you think I should read about this?   Thanks in
advance, Justin

Content of type "text/html" skipped