Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 14:41:00 -0300
From: Mario Vilas <mvilas@...il.com>
To: Esteban Cañizal <esteban@...izal.com.ar>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: INSECT Pro 2.5 Release - Web scanner tool

Actually, when the tool was originally released it wasn't "free" (strings
attached or not), but they tried to charge $500 per license as a closed
source product.

http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2010/Sep/283

So at any rate some people have been complaining over and over for the use
of the word "free" since version 2.0.

http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2011/Jan/504

BTW I do not mind people making yet another UI for Metasploit, but this
"free but not free" thing creates a dishonest image that could have easily
been avoided by following the same practice every other donationware
follows: let users download it freely and decide whether to donate or not
based on their experience with the software.

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Esteban Cañizal <esteban@...izal.com.ar>wrote:

> Yes i do agree with you! everybody can comment and disagree as much as
> they wish.... what I am trying to say is that there is a bunch of
> people that always complains about the same things that have been
> already answered, if you decided you don't like the tool just don't
> use it and find a better one, at least that is what i usually do. I
> read the same people saying the same things that have been said when
> the tool was released (1.0)
>
> --
> Esteban Cañizal

“My daughter was asked by a little old lady in a London hotel restaurant
what her daddy did - she answered, ‘He’s a pirate.’ I was very proud of that
answer.”
- *Johnny Depp*

Content of type "text/html" skipped