Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 08:23:26 -0400
From: Steven Pinkham <steve.pinkham@...il.com>
To: Pete Smith <seclists@...apitate.us>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Announcement posts and the charter (was Re:
 INSECT Pro 2.5.1 released)

I agree this is a discussion worth having.  I think the policy should be
more objective to give us a clear policy to abide by and enforce.

Suggestions for policy:
1)No tool announcements.
Best rational I can think of for this one: Tool announcments should go
to the specific group they are for. Pentest, webappsec, etc are all
better places for announcements.

2)Only announcements for OSI approved projects.  Webappsec has this
policy I think, and it rewards people who share the most openly.

3)Announcements for only no-cost projects.  Similar to the above

4)Announcements for initial and major feature releases only, with a
limit of 1 announcement per x months(3,6,12- whatever we deem reasonable
as an upper bound.  I think one of the lists has this policy, and it
seems the most reasonable one to me.

Steve

--
 | Steven Pinkham, Security Consultant    |
 | http://www.mavensecurity.com           |