Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 13:54:43 +1000
From: "Ivan ." <ivanhec@...il.com>
To: "andrew.wallace" <andrew.wallace@...ketmail.com>
Cc: "full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Got an iPhone or 3G iPad? Apple is recording
 your moves

*Q*: Steve,

Could you please explain the necessity of the passive location-tracking tool
embedded in my iPhone? It's kind of unnerving knowing that my exact location
is being recorded at all times. Maybe you could shed some light on this for
me before I switch to a Droid. They don't track me.

*A*: Oh yes they do. We don't track anyone. The info circulating around is
false.

Sent from my iPhone

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/25/steve-jobs-on-ios-location-issue-we-dont-track-anyone/

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Ivan . <ivanhec@...il.com> wrote:

> http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/apr/22/iphone-android-location-based-services
>

> On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 1:51 AM, andrew.wallace <
> andrew.wallace@...ketmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 3:29 PM, mark seiden <mis@...den.com> wrote:
>> > i'm more worried about private parties tracking these days...  say set
>> up high res cameras with a good view
>> > of the major highways and scan all of the license plates.
>>
>> Do you mean organised crime gangs? We got plenty of them up here in
>> Glasgow.
>>
>> Andrew

Content of type "text/html" skipped