Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 07:32:34 +0200
From: Stefano Di Paola <wisec@...ec.it>
To: IEhrepus <5up3rh3i@...il.com>
Cc: FD <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: DOMinator - The DOMXss Analyzer Tool - is
 finally public

Hey IEhrepus

Il giorno mer, 18/05/2011 alle 20.34 -0700, IEhrepus ha scritto:

> DOMinator can't work on firefox 3.6.17?

DOMinator consists in a core and an extension. The core is Firefox with
some custom c/c++ code in order to add taint flag to JSStrings and deal
with taint propagation.

So, in order to launch DOMinator you have to download the Linux or
Windows version which is a patched Firefox binary.
http://code.google.com/p/dominator/downloads/detail?name=DOMinator_firefox_3.6.13_Linux_32Bit.tgz
http://code.google.com/p/dominator/downloads/detail?name=DOMinator_firefox_3.6.13_Windows_32Bit.zip

and follow the instructions here:
http://code.google.com/p/dominator/wiki/InstallationInstructions

That means that:
*The extension itself is only part of it*.
*It won't work without the patched Firefox.*

You can have a look at the diff file here:
http://code.google.com/p/dominator/downloads/detail?name=DOMinator_diff.txt

So I'll have to apply that patch to the source code of FF 3.6.17 compile
it.

As a side note it has been seen that the Windows version of DOMinator
doesn't work on 64 bit OS.
I'd suggest the linux version in that case.

Cheers
Stefano