Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 20:25:12 -0400
From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader@...il.com>
To: persuz9213x@...h.com
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: What are some top universities in Europe and
 States for Information Security

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 12:22 PM,  <persuz9213x@...h.com> wrote:

> Hello List.
>
> I need some help....
>
> What are some top Universities in information security in the
> world? Which one is the best?  preferably in the States or U.K ?
>
> I know this sounds strange since most college dropouts are
> historically the best hackers in the world!
>
> Im just trying to figure out which are the best schools in this
> field.
> I already know MIT and Stanford are good for Computer science. But
> when it comes to Information Security, im sure there are some top
> institutions that employers would love to see them on your cv.
If you want to use a community college for some of your undergrad
work, check out Anne Arundel Community College (http://www.aacc.edu/).
Its a nice, laid back county in between south of Baltimore.

In the past, they were one of the top community colleges in the nation
(I'm not sure where they rank now). They also have a security track
and relationship with the NSA. As a community college, they charge $90
a credit hour. Speaking from experience, it sure beats $300 per credit
hour for an undergrad program (Maryland) and $1800 per class for a
graduate program (Hopkins).

Jeff