Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 11:31:18 -0700
From: Aaron Turner <synfinatic@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: NiX API

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 11:02 AM,  <nix@...roxylists.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 9:49 AM,  <nix@...roxylists.com> wrote:
>>
>>> You're a legit user --> Why in earth you would like to use a proxy or or
>>> anonymizer to do the purchase?
>>>
>>> Why I would do so and purchase unless I have something to hide? You have
>>> the option block or allow hosting provider ranges, of course.
>>
>> The most common reason would be I'm trying to buy something while at
>> work and my company has deployed a URL filtering product which blocks
>> the website completely.
>>
>> If you can't come up with a few more legit reasons then you really have no
>> clue.
>>

> You really don't seem to understand how advanced protection this API
> provides. Please read carefully everything after the banner at
> http://nixapi.com/
>
> I don't know how URL filtering products are related to this API protection.

Step 1: User wants to visit a website to buy something while at work.

Step 2: Company where that user works blocks access to the website
because it's against company policy using a webfilter

Step 3: User uses a tor or other proxy to avoid corporate webfilter to
visit that website

Step 4: User gets blocked by your service when they go to buy because
they're using a proxy

Step 5: Frustrated user buys same/similar product from another seller
who is not using your service and original website looses a sale.

Clear now?

--
Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/         Twitter: @synfinatic