Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 15:36:17 -0700
From: Aaron Turner <synfinatic@...il.com>
To: nix@...roxylists.com
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: NiX API

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:55 PM,  <nix@...roxylists.com> wrote:

>> Still unclear why you started this thread on F-D.
>>

> I started this thread because the API service is free of charge if you
> take it in use and put a backlink on your site. This is a security related
> mailing list as well, the API improves your web site's overal security as
> well.

No, this is full-disclosure... where people disclose security
vulnerabilities in software/hardware/services.  What you're doing is
called "marketing" your service (free or otherwise) which is not
appropriate for this list no matter how you want to spin it.  What
actually would be more appropriate for this list is explaining to
people how to get stuff for free by defrauding paypal.  So yeah,
you're doing it wrong.

> Im quite confident also that our recent discussion of online fraud has
> revealed many interesting facts how paypal earns every day tens of
> thousands of dollars by charging innocent merchants for reversal fees
> although they were victims of online fraud.

And I'm quite confident you have no idea what you're talking about.
You're making up half your statistics as you go along (tens of
thousands of dollars!).  Your whole service is predicated on "facts"
which are clearly false and statistics which are frankly laughable.
Simply put, the plural of anecdote is not data.  I'm not saying that
payment fraud with PayPal isn't an issue- as far as I know it may be
the biggest problem facing online merchants, but clearly your service
does not provide a reasonable solution.

--
Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/         Twitter: @synfinatic