Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 21:26:33 -0400
From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader@...il.com>
To: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@...merofgod.com>
Cc: "full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: It's just getting worse

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Thor (Hammer of God) <thor@...merofgod.com
> wrote:

>  Not only was there a critical flaw in the forensic software, but after
> the designer reported incorrect findings, the prosecution decided to keep it
> a secret.  ****
>

> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43807133/ns/us_news-the_new_york_times/?GT1=43001
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> Pursuant to my earlier post about an encryption case,
> http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-20078312-281/doj-we-can-force-you-to-decrypt-that-laptop/
> , I emailed John Walsh, the US Attorney heading up the case and went into a
> detailed explanation, complete with hard file-based examples, of how bad an
> idea it was to attempt to legally compel the defendant to provide decrypted
> files as evidence, and received no word back at all.    I didn’t expect
> much, but at least a “thanks for providing some technical information on how
> we making grave mistakes” would have been nice.****
>
> ** **
>
> Given all the crap I’ve seen and experienced in my life, you would think I
> would know better than to expect people with the power of making a
> difference to actually do the right thing, but for some reason I continue to
> believe in honor and integrity.   But when I see Florida prosecutors
> willfully withholding evidence to the **contrary** of what was submitted
> in the court of law (when a woman’s life was at stake) and the arguments
> that people like Walsh make while disregarding impact on the Constitution, I
> see how misplaced my trust in government is.  Douche bags.

I consider our government more dangerous to the country, its citizens, and
the democracy than Bin Laden and friends. Since Barrack Obama did not close
the Guantanamo Bay, it would be a good place for these dangerous folks. Its
especially appealing because they will be denied access to the courts.

Off topic: the US has no ability to police themselves, and should not be
trying to police the world. Its kind of sad that Spain was the only nation
to indict US leaders for their war crimes. And the UN Security Counsel is a
joke - it clearly needs to be permanently expanded from the big five.

Jeff

Content of type "text/html" skipped