Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 12:47:11 +1000
From: Patrick Webster <patrick@...hack.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: INSECT Pro - Free tool for pentest - New
 version release 2.7

Ahem, http://mail.metasploit.com/pipermail/framework/2010-September/006889.html

A bit of msf licensing history is mentioned here (and abuses):
http://blog.metasploit.com/2008/10/metasploit-32-bsd-licensing.html

"The new license will lead to commercial abuse, but I believe that the
project is now strong enough to succeed even with competition from
commercial entities that are using our source code. The key to our
success is the Metasploit community and our dedication to sharing
security information (and code) in a timely fashion. Metasploit is
great at destroying FUD, whether the source is an incompetent product
vendor or a media-happy security company. "

-Patrick