Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 05:33:58 +1000
From: GloW - XD <doomxd@...il.com>
To: Laurelai <laurelai@...echan.org>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: VPN provider helped track down alleged
	LulzSec member

precisely why i did not screrw with peoples things and thx for poiting this
out.

Providers that steal other peoples hacks don't last long in the
underground. People take that personally :)

This is a BIG reason why, i did not, nor my coadmin, touch things, unless we
were invited to, and, never ever did any 'ircd steals' in that way, people
were paying me for a 'shell' , it was what i decided todo, and, then, i did
never even get once, emails from MY providrs, so why should i listen to some
dud who got his box owned and is spewing... it is kinda how i saw things, my
customers owned them, they compained to me, this caused me nothing but,
making a new user dir and, making new box for the user,..... if this stuff
persisted, ie, nonstop compaints, and, uplink complaints would usually
follow, i still would try rehome them on a priv box.
So, i guess nowdays, maybe id not do this, but this was 2008.
xheers.
xd

On 1 October 2011 02:40, Laurelai <laurelai@...echan.org> wrote:

> On 9/30/2011 9:46 AM, Paul Schmehl wrote:
> > IOW, there is no honor among thieves.
> >
> > This isn't a new concept.
> >
> > --On September 30, 2011 3:31:06 PM +0100 Darren Martyn
> > <d.martyn.fulldisclosure@...il.com> wrote:
> >
> >> By screw you over I did not intend to mean "sell you out". I meant a
> more
> >> criminal fucking over - where they backdoor the box (Hey, physical
> access
> >> and its THEIR server) and steal your criminal assets... i.e. steal, say,
> >> your formgrabber data (and keep it), jack your botnet, etc... SOme of
> >> them guys do just that. The domain "khant.info" used to be a "free
> botnet
> >> service" where one could use Khant's servers to run a botnet. It was
> >> marketed toward script kiddies, and after a few short months he ran off
> >> with their bots and their money :)
> >>
> >> Just an example of how common it is for a "bulletproof host" or such to
> >> fuck you over.
> >>

> >> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 2:56 PM, xD 0x41 <secn3t@...il.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> User location determines Judicial Jurisdiction - how is that irrelevant?
> >>
> >> it is NOT atall.. he is kidding himself..
> >> I already said just ONE country where i could happily commit crimes, in
> >> the usa or uk from, and thru, panama.
> >> simple as that, they wont execute crap unless you commit fraud etc, on
> >> theyre home.
> >> cheers.
> >> xd
> >>

> >> On 29 September 2011 23:54, Louis McCoy <louie@...landlighthouse.com>
> >> wrote:
> >>

> >> User location determines Judicial Jurisdiction - how is that irrelevant?
> >>

> >> On 9/29/2011 9:27 AM, Benji wrote:
> >>
> >> No, you are wrong.
> >>

> >> Either; the vpn provider complied with court order, or they face the
> >> legal ramifications of not doing so. User location is irrelevant.
> >>

> >> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 2:04 PM, xD 0x41 <secn3t@...il.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> indeed :)
> >> but, it is how a proper anon person would operate, well, tht is how i
> >> once did...
> >> anyhow, it is to broad, and, yes, i qwould never believe in bulletproof,
> >> unless i have used it maybe, for 10yrs, thru 10 botnets ;P wich, is very
> >> rare but funnily, possible.
> >> webhosters, are even more corrupt and better at hiding data.. face it,
> >> if the vpn provider had not shat themself, then it would be a non story.
> >>

> >> On 29 September 2011 23:00, Benji <me@...ji.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> 'Abuse' emails and court orders are very different.
> >>

> >> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 1:59 PM, xD 0x41 <secn3t@...il.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> err, you are limited in those countries dude... id really checkup on
> that
> >> ... maybe some but, yea i agree, i dont think any hosting is anon, but,
> >> sure know i have kept an anon dedis in past, and was VERY easy to avoid
> >> handing anything over. Unless they had personally seized from my
> company,
> [...]

Content of type "text/html" skipped