Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 00:47:44 +1100
From: xD 0x41 <secn3t@...il.com>
To: vladz <vladz@...zero.fr>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Symlink vulnerabilities

BTE , exploits launched and ran from root, or even have anything todo
with being near root dir, is not really what id call a userland poc.
So, stop convincing me that you can exploit root, and look back a few
examples, wich shows, your cmd as user, failing... and, if you say it
cannot be any clearer, then simple POC it and shut ME up, but until
now, im waiting for u and Tavis, who has seemed to back right out now
of this...and, i have seen nothing but people actually saying they
have tried, and failed.
So, if your a genius from root, let us see the genius from user now :P
you think launching from root would not do shit but, it really does, i
mean, do u see kids rooting boxes from root, to gain root, no. so,
yea, some cmds work.... maybe, im just tired, and, seen it fails, and
cbf, but.. either way, it is no poc in root dir buddy.
gnite