Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 15:37:16 -0700
From: coderman <coderman@...il.com>
To: BH <lists@...ckhat.bz>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: THC SSL DOS tool released

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 8:15 AM, BH <lists@...ckhat.bz> wrote:
>> To make it more difficult to DOS servers using SSL, the protocol could
>> somehow be modified to challenge the client with some useless** ...
>
> One problem I can foresee with this is a way to scale this in a secure
> manner.

no syn cookies for TLS  :(    yet, they mention proper fix on page:
 disable renegotiation. use hw accel.

speaking of GPUs: http://shader.kaist.edu/sslshader/

there are HSM+Accel cards that do 70k+ sessions/sec if you want the
hardware protection for your secrets in addition to performance.

what i really want to know!

when does thc-ssl-dos get GPU support?

"Taking on larger server farms who make use of SSL Load balancer
required 20 average size laptops and about 120kbit/sec of traffic." -
what kind of shitty LB was this?  an old as dirt F5 BigIP?