Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:41:36 +0000
From: Darren Martyn <d.martyn.fulldisclosure@...il.com>
To: Benji <me@...ji.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Ubuntu 11.10 now unsecure by default

If that was aimed at me, I was merely making an example for people like xD.
Seriously. If you want to bitch about an OS, LEARN about it. Look at it
from the INSIDE. Set yourself GOALS.

I know an guy who wanted to know as much as he could about Win32, and even
though I consider him an expert on it he admits he knows next to nothing as
he has not been able to obtain src. I am merely admitting I do NOT
understand the Unix kernel as much as I want to, and stating that I have
set a goal of learning more. And then asking had anyone else set goals like
that. (also, by publicly announcing your goals, you "bind" yourself to them
as something you feel you have to do lest your peers - in this case the
people on FD - see you as less for your failures. Kind of using social
engineering against yourself :P )

Content of type "text/html" skipped