Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 13:07:38 +0100
From: Lucio Crusca <lucio@...web.org>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: one of my servers has been compromized

Ferenc Kovacs wrote:

> ps: "I neverbelieved it could happen to me until it actually happened:
> they compromizedone of my servers." this is a really bad attitude.

No, it's just common saying. I apply patches, change password regularly,
move ssh to nonstandard ports, disable remote root access and do all the
rest I've learnt about security in years of running linux servers, also if I
couldn't believe they would hack my server. I only overlooked a piece of
unknown-third-party php code. It's just experience that makes you stronger.