Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 01:29:44 +0100
From: Tavis Ormandy <taviso@...xchg8b.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Google open redirect

https://onlinebanking.examplebank.com/confirm.aspx?customerid=1234&return=http%3a%2f%2fpwn%2ely
> drives the browser to the attacker's phishing site.
>
> Does this represent a vulnerability?
>
> - Marsh

So they've trained their users to parse and understand html, can decode
complex documents manually, and understand the difference between anchor
text and destination. They can decipher complex URLs using any of the
obscure syntax supported, and understand the heirarchichal nature of the
domain name system. They've also learned how to verify SSL certificates
without clicking on links (perhaps using openssl s_client?).

Bizarrely, they've also been convinced to never read the address bar (which
is really all they needed to do from the start instead of the hours of
training requiring them to reach this level).

Then yes, you have a vulnerability. However, it's in the criminally
negligent training material provided by the bank :-)

Tavis.