Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 15:10:33 +1100
From: xD 0x41 <secn3t@...il.com>
To: Byron Sonne <byron.sonne@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Facebook seems to think my Arch Linux box has
 malware on it

+1

this was the first and biggest hack ever done on myspace, wich simply,
pretended you needed the 'java flash' plugin, to view the 'wall' of
your friend..now, they killed it but by then, it was suicide...and,
they had no idea for many months... this, is known, and also that FB
has added new features, but, not being a user of it, i guess, id
rather not learn and, all im thinking is, the virus i will endup
having to remove from my sisters PC in the next day or so :)
cheers... but, yea, i agree, i think it is a simple page trickery, FB,
theyre own security, would be used against them, it is that new :P,.
so, everything new...well...lets say, has teething probs eh...well,
many of major sites did...and, this worm for myspace, was simple, it
prentended to be the actual, legit page, but, it was just simply
hiding a vuln in myspace wich let you still, eceute a 'plugin' wich,
was your url to malware, but, you had to use the actual 'plugfin' to
succeed, so, not the official one ofc, but, it seemed VERY
offcial...and, took solong to detect, i think thats what killed
MSpace..forsure...and will be same, for Fb, if they dont keep up with
the times...as, people , even as big as cisco, now see... that, it is
very very important, to update code :)
have a great day.