Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 00:27:03 +0100
From: Ferenc Kovacs <tyra3l@...il.com>
To: Benjamin Kreuter <ben.kreuter@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: when did piracy/theft become expression of
	freedom

>> Another thing to note, if artists, software companies etc were so
>> nice to actually want
>> to give all this stuff for free, I'm pretty sure no one is forcing
>> them to sell their content.
>> So don't talk about the "they're not loosing anything" bullshit to me.
>
> Then tell me what they lost.  Can you prove that someone who downloaded
> a song would have spent money on the song if it had not been available
> for download?  The argument that losses are incurred for every download
> has always been baseless and always will be.

if you steal a bottle of milk, you can argue that it was right before
the shop closing, and the warranty would have expired before they
could sell it to somebody else, and demand them to prove it
otherwise...

> Really though, what difference does it make if copyright industries are
> losing money?  When last I checked, the stagecoach industry lost lots
> of money when the automobile was invented.  Would you claim that people
> were stealing from stagecoach drivers by failing to support that
> industry and instead using their cars?  Are you crying foul when people
> use digital cameras and incur losses for the film industry?  Who was
> stealing from all those sheet music copyists and printers who lost
> their jobs because of the recording industry?
>
> Industries need to adapt to the times, or else they die.  What makes
> recording, movie production, etc. so special?

you forgot to link the original article, fixed it for you:
http://torrentfreak.com/the-red-flag-act-of-1865-110626/

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu