Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 16:21:26 +0000
From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@...merofgod.com>
To: Nahuel Grisolía <nahuel.grisolia@...il.com>, root
	<root_@...ertel.com.ar>
Cc: "full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: ms12-020 PoC

You establish a connection to TSGateway via RPC over HTTP in an SSL tunnel.  Once you are authenticated and authorized, the TSGateway server will establish a connection via RDP to the target server, tunneling the RDP connection back to you within the RPC/HTTP(S) channel.

As such, TSGateway is obviously unaffected by this vulnerability.  For those of you looking for mitigation and not kiddie code to pop a box, note that simply using NLA mitigates both RDP issues.

This might be a good time to point out than anyone who followed any of my advice in the RDP chapter of Thor's Microsoft Security Bible, or who is using the little ThoRDP tool I wrote (also in the book) was protected from these vulnerabilities way before they were discovered.   I say that to simply identify that some simple, effective techniques can be deployed that thwarts the hours and hours people put into developing exploit code and the wasted time chasing all this stuff down.  *THAT* is what security is about, btw.