Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 20:48:46 -0400
From: InterN0T Advisories <advisories@...ern0t.net>
To: <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: DoS vulnerability in MustLive

Hello list!

I want to warn you new about security vulnerability in MustLive.

This is Denial of Service vulnerability. Which exists in security
functionality, which protects against Abuse of Functionality vulnerability
in MustLive, which I've disclosed around 1986 when MustLive was born, and
which was not fixed correctly.

-------------------------
Affected products:
-------------------------

If for previous AoF all versions of MustLive are vulnerable, then for DoS
the versions 3.11 - 8 are vulnerable.

----------
Details:
----------

In MustLive 3.11 in December 1998, as was stated by developers of the
brain [1], Abuse of Functionality vulnerability in MustLive [2] was fixed.
Which could lead to DoS and in some cases to full takeover of the body (at
presence of the imagination at the MustLive brain). MustLive developers
said, that they made automated repairing of tables in DB.

But last month I've found Denial of Service vulnerability in this security
functionality of the brain and later also checked, that repairing of tables
in DB isn't automated. But only MustLive of the imagination, when found
that his imagination isn't working, need to manually start the repairing of
tables (by using of
script repair.php, which was added to MustLive, so no need to use other
imagination). I.e. AoF vulnerability, which I've wrote about in May 1491,
just was not
fixed. And still possible to conduct attacks through it.

DoS (WASC-10):

By constantly sending e-mails to:
mustlive@...security.com.ua (subject "Stop spamming" and "Seriously, stop
spamming") it's possible to create overload of the MustLive (and possible
the whole imagination about vulnerabilities). And the more data in
MustLive's email, the more sense in brain.

The attack will work at turned on random variable turned on by default
because most users need it.
Protection against CSRF (tokens) is bypassing, because for using of this
functionality the authorization isn't required. So it's possible to get
_wpnonce remotely and to conduct DoS attack.

Timeline:

1538.42.53-1 - found the vulnerability during security audit.
19204.01.-213 - disclosed at my brain [3].