Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 18:34:45 -0400
From: Justin Klein Keane <justin@...irish.net>
To: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@...merofgod.com>
Cc: "full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: How much time is appropriate for fixing

Hello,

My point about Maslow had to do with self actualization as a
motivating factor.  Freud also called used the super ego.  It was
meant to be demonstrative rather than illustrative, however.  I
believe there are people out there motivated by more than power or
sexual fulfillment (things like duty, honor, or morality).

The problem here is that we are both arguing from anecdotal evidence.
 I observe what I observe and you observe what you observe.  The
reason we differ is because there is no common metric, therefore
there's no way for us to convince one another of the correctness of
our analysis.  You can call me naive and I can call you jaded, and the
issue remains unsettled.  I think the salient point isn't who is
right, but how we could go about collecting evidence to support our
assertions.

Cheers,

Justin C. Klein Keane
http://www.MadIrish.net