Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 10:53:38 -0700
From: Scott Solmonson <scosol@...sol.org>
To: Григорий Братислава <musntlive@...il.com>
Cc: "full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>,
	Ali Varshovi <ali.varshovi@...mail.com>
Subject: Re: Linux - Indicators of compromise

It seems that English isn't your first language, so no problem with
the confusion-

"don't isolate, monitor spread tactics, perceptually contain and then analyse."

Isolation in an INFOSEC sense means actual measures to stop actual actions.
The short version looks like "we've got all the information we need,
it's time to seal this bitch in a cage".
Before that point is reached, the most important thing is to monitor
without damage to determine behaviors and tactics, hence "perceptually
contain"; in order to anticipate future actions.

Imagine thousands of VMs spun up on a fully simulated IP space with a
full suite honeypot profile-
Let the cows roam, see where they find grass...

Your analysis of my explanation:

> 1) Let hacker run amok so you can see them is run amok
> 2) Once hacker is run amok, steal your bread and is butter, wipe your
> systems, restore

1) an enemy can not be countered unless it can be understood
2) that bread and butter was put there, by me, on purpose
3) simple knowledge is power, motivational knowledge is godlike
4) ???
5) profit!
--
NUNQUAM NON PARATUS ☤ INCITATUS ÆTERNUS