Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 11:27:30 +0100
From: Aris Adamantiadis <aris@...adc0de.be>
To: noloader@...il.com
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: FreeFTPD Remote Authentication Bypass Zeroday
 Exploit (Stuxnet technique)

Le 1/12/12 23:42, Jeffrey Walton a écrit :
> On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Aris Adamantiadis <aris@...adc0de.be> wrote:
>> Hi Kcope
>>
>> You're late on this one:
>> http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2010/Aug/132
> It seems there is a disconnect or it appears they got the analysis wrong:
>
>     "Your "request" was examined. This is nothing more than a
>     null pointer deference, which cannot be easily exploited."

Please read the full email.
"However you should have a
look at the code below, it compiles with libssh 0.4.5. You need to
provide a valid login to the SSH server.

This vulnerability says long about the seriousness of this application.
I will probably find more in future if I find time to reverse it."

Please also read the attached .c code. It auths on the server with a buggous
password then tries to open a channel anyway. Note also that this exploit
does not work if FreeSSHD uses Windows authentication (with system users)
because it uses a different codepath. Neither does kcope's one.

I'm afraid I missed the similar vulnerability on Tectia's server :(

Aris