Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 14:37:32 +0400
From: gremlin@...mlin.ru
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: DPI evasion

On 17-Dec-2012 16:57:19 +0700, kai@...nn.net wrote:

 > i have VPN with OpenSSL encryption and i use SSH-tunnel over VPN. is
 > it enough to illegally share my illegal mp3's via illegal BitTorrent?

It is enough to share, but may be not enough to not be catched...

Does the remote host serve as a VPN endpoint for several hundreds or even
thousands of users?
Does the amount of traffic flowing via given VPN link correlate with the
amount of P2P traffic?
Does your ISP adhere to the principle of not disclosing personal data
without official request (with accompanying bureaucracy implied)?
Does the VPN endpoint server administrator also adhere to that principle?
And, finally: do you know what to do when _they_ knock at your door?

--
Alexey V. Vissarionov aka Gremlin from Kremlin
<gremlin ПРИ gremlin ТЧК ru>