Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 09:08:15 -0800 (PST)
From: Vic Vandal <vvandal@...l.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: CarolinaCon-9 (March 15-17,
 2013): General Announcement - Chosen Presenters and Topics - Side
 Event List

CarolinaCon-9 will be held on March 15th-17th 2013 in Raleigh NC.  For the cheap price of your average movie admission with popcorn and a drink ($20) YOU could get a full weekend of the following instead.

FASCINATING TALKS / ESTEEMED PRESENTERS!!!

- Pwning the Pedophile - Joe Seanor
- Terminal Cornucopia - Evan "treefort" Booth
- Intro to Lock Picking - smrk3r
- Stand Close To Me and You're Pwned: Owning Smartphones via NFC - Aditya Gupta and Subho Halder
- Jargon Jitsu: The Tao of Buzzwords - Craig Searle (kezef)
- Intro to Linux Exploit Development - DeBuG
- Exploit Development for Mere Mortals - Joe McCray
- Burp Suite: Comprehensive Web Pen Testing - JoshInGeneral
- iPhone Data Reconnaisance without Physical Access to the Device - Jarrick
- Travel for Free in Malaysia - Kiran Karnad
- Screw You Guys, I'm Going Home - emwav
- RAWR (Rapid Assessment of Web Resources) - @al14s and @c0ncealed
- The Business of InfoSec - Dr. Tran
- Search Engine Hacking: Finding Credit Cards, Social Security Numbers, and Frightenly More - Stephen Chapman
- Digital Energy BPT - Paul Coggins
- Getting Shells When Metasploit Fails - Ryan Linn (sussurro)
- Dancing With Dalvik - Thomas Richards

NOTE: Full abstracts will be posted on the Con website soon.  The lineup above may be subject to slight change.  We're still re-confirming that some international travelers listed will make it to the event, and we're hashing out a chosen topic amongst a handful of topics that one person submitted.  But for the most part what you see above is what you'll see at the Con.

MEGA-FUN SIDE EVENTS!!!

- Capture The Flag (CTF)
- Crypto Challenge
- Hacker Trivia
- Unofficial CarolinaCon Shootout
- Lockpicking Instruction (random times to be announced in breakout room)
- and more!!!

CarolinaCon proceedings will run;
- 7pm to 11pm on Friday
- 10am to 9pm on Saturday
- 10am to 5pm on Sunday

LODGING:

If you're traveling and wish to stay at the Con hotel here is the direct link to the special CarolinaCon discount group rate ($97):
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/R/RDUNHHF-CAR-20130315/index.jhtml

Shorter reservation link version:
http://bit.ly/XhTtOu

ATTENTION: The discount group rate on Hilton hotel rooms expires on February 12th 2013, so act quickly if you plan on staying at the hotel for all of the weekend fun.

For the final schedule and all the other exciting details (as they develop and as our webmaster gets to them) stay tuned to;
http://www.carolinacon.org
(Yes I know - that site is pretty lame at the moment.  Our volunteer web team seems to be on an unannounced hiatus currently.  We'll sort that out ASAP and get something more appropriate posted.)

Peace,
Vic