Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 09:52:41 +0200
From: Lorenz Intichar <lorenz.intichar@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Why PRISM kills the cloud | Computerworld
	Blogs

Justin Ferguson wrote:

"Think about it: In order for cloud computing solutions to be seen as
viable alternatives to more traditional desktop solutions users --
personal and business users alike -- need to be 100 percent certain
their data is secure."

WTF? Most Most Small- to Medium-Sized Businesses are not
security-minded enough (even if they had the financial means) to
secure their local networks properly, so keeping the data local makes
it readable not only to government agencies, but to anyone else who´s
willing to invest some time and trouble.
Local data is either a case of "hopefully I´m obscure enough to be
secure" or an attitude like "driving a car is safer than taking the
airplane because I´m doing the driving myself".#

Regards,
Lorenz

Content of type "text/html" skipped