Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 10:31:55 +0100 (BST)
From: Descombes Thierry <descombt@...oo.com>
To: "full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: libpcap: 2 concurrent threads acquiring on the
	same interface

Hello,

I have developed a small security toolsthatuse the libpcap for metrology purpose. I'd like to add new online capture feature, to generate pcap file (from a given BPF filter), without disrupting my metrology tool (nor inducing packets lost).
So, I'd wish to know the best way to dothe acquisition with both, a BPF filter, and none (=continuously acquiring data without filtering).

Generally, is  it possible to call a 2nd applications that also use the libpcap on the same network interface (without disruptionor packet loss)? If yes, the solution might be to simply call tcpdump (as a system commandfor example...)

And if not... should I rewrite a BPF decoder&filter and use my current pcap loop ? Is there a easier better way ?

Thank you very much in advance for your response.

Regards
Content of type "text/html" skipped